Support Sexual Freedom – The NYC Sex Bloggers Calendar seeks to bring the sex-positive community together in a fun and interactive way that results in the funding of sex-positive organizations. We believe that sexual freedom is a basic human right and we hope that our calendar succeeds in spreading that idea far and wide.The benefactor chosen for 2011 is Woodhull Freedom Foundation – Affirming Sexual Freedom as a Fundamental Human Right.
The fantastic folks behind the 2011 Sex Bloggers Calendar have released the details on how you can pre-order your own calendar and the option to buy and personalize days with a message up to 80 characters. Purchasing days and calendars helps Woodhull Freedom Foundation in their mission to affirm sexual freedom as a fundamental human right. MauiKink.com is proud to be a sponsor for the 2011 calendar!
From the New York City Sex Bloggers Calendar site:
– For $25, your company can include a URL and discount code which will be visible for an entire month. Want more visibility? $100 buys you five days, which you can strategically place throughout the year, highlighting your company’s anniversary and other significant days.
– For individuals, that same $25 allows you to feature a meaningful quote, celebrate your blogiversary, send a message to your favorite model or express your gratitude to Woodhull for their dedication to fighting for such an important cause.
Calendars will sell for $20 after the pre-sale period is closed, so we’re giving our early supporters a special deal on the combination of pre-ordering and buying a day, for $40 you can get a calendar and one day to personalize and save $5.
And don’t forget that when the heat of summer is finally dwindling and NYC is crisp and cool and fall, in all it’s brilliant, blazing color, is upon us, we’re going to make it sizzling again; at least on October 1st when we reveal the calendar at our launch party, once again, at the fabulous Fontana’s! So buy your days, pre-order your calendars, and book your flights and hotels. We’re going to have an amazing weekend filled with fantastic people and exciting events and we want you to be part of it all!
Remember your purchases of days and calendars goes to support Woodhull. Here’s some of the specific ways Woodhull strives to promote & protect sexual freedom:
– Woodhull educates the public on the importance and value of sexual freedom and counter the arguments of groups seeking to restrict sexual rights;
– Woodhull advocates for decriminalization and social acceptance of consensual sexual expression;
– Woodhull seeks to change antiquated, repressive and discriminatory sex laws and enforcement practices;
– Woodhull advocates for freedom of speech and artistic expression on sexual themes;
– Woodhull promotes the empowerment of people to take control of their bodies and their sexuality;
– Woodhull supports legal action to overturn court decisions adverse to sexual freedom and privacy rights, and we work to affirm and expand decisions, like Lawrence v. Texas, that support sexual freedom and privacy;
– Woodhull opposes abstinence-only sex “education” and endorse an age-appropriate, comprehensive approach to sex education; and
– Woodhull seeks to protect and foster scientific research on sexuality.